Saturday, February 13, 2010

So, again, it's been a while. Today is Saturday and that means catching up on homework so I'm not completely overwhelmed next week. This semester will definitely be the hardest i've had in college yet. I have 20 units, and 6 practicums, 4 of which include 10 hour microteaching experiences. AAH! But on a more exciting note, this means I will be graduating in May! YAY!

I've been using these last months in Nashville to to all of the touristy things that Jessica and I can think of. A couple of weeks ago we visited the historical town of Franklin Tennessee. It was really cute, and it looked just like Paso! :) We saw The Carter House, which Jess and I thought was owned by President Carter at one point, but instead it was owned by a soldier in the civil war. An epic battle too place at this man's house and you can still see some bullets lodged in the brick barn.

We also have had a few snow days this winter. It has been very very cold, but when the snow falls it's bearable, due to the entertainment it provides.

Last Wednesday Jess and I celebrated her birthday by going to a John Mayer concert. It was filled with spectacular light shows and squealing guitar solo's, and also a heartfelt apology for his recent behavior in an awful interview. His tears told the story of a troubled pop star who struggles with going too far to be entertaining. Sad. But an enjoyable show nonetheless.

Now my life is filled with watching my friends and roomates go off to spend time with their significant others in this season of chocolate and hearts. I don't blame them, I would be too. I just wish I could do the same. I miss Randy, and I miss my friends and family back home. You all mean so much to me and I can't wait to be home to do the things that I love to do.

-Rachy




Jessica and I waiting for the concert to start


"Gravity"




Hockey Stadium transformed into a concert venue.

Downtown in the winter time
A snowy walking bridge


My buried car

The Carter House


Makeshift Sleds
the Parthenon in January
Can

No comments:

Post a Comment