Thursday, August 27, 2009

The First

So here it is! My connection with friends and family, my place to vent about private school, my....blog. As you know, Randy and I ventured cross-country all the way to Nashville, Tennessee in 5 days! We were able to see a lot of different places. The first day we saw Bakersfield, Ca and Kingman Az, and camped just outside the Grand Canyon National Park. Day two was the Grand Canyon extravaganza. We took lots of pictures and enjoyed the sights. Then it was on to Gallup Nm and an overpriced hotel room...ick. I would be okay with never seeing New Mexico again. Day three it was off to Amarillo Texas, home of the Big Texan Steakranch...we K.O.A'd it again this night, and rode banana bikes around the campground (a highlight!). Then we were on to Oklahoma, home of Randy's cousins who have a lot of dogs...and puppies. We finally got a good night's rest and then took off for Arkansas! Our original plan was to stay in Arkansas this night, but at the last minute we decided to keep moving and make it to Memphis since one of the girls on my team lives there, and they love to cook for guests ;) Well, along the way we saw Russellville Ar, the world's second largest cross, and the world famous, West Memphis Wal Mart. Dinner and a bed were excellent that night. The final day we drove the 3 hours to Nashville and met the city skyline with a bittersweet feeling. We made it. Relief about the long drive being over was great, but if time could have just stopped as soon as we got here, I would be a more joyful person. I dropped Randy off at the airport Thursday, with "You Can't always get what you want" playing in my car as i drove away. How ironic.


So a new chapter in my life....titled "My Hopeful Senior Year of College" has begun. Volleyball has kept my life very busy, with very little down time to even think about how far away I am from California (which is probably a good thing). My knees are very achy, and i'm going to bed really early every night becuase I am so tired. But the last preseason of my whole life is almost over, and I'm trying to look at the bright side of all the hard practices :)

I already can't wait to come home. 3 1/2 months doesn't seem like SO long...but it is a long time and I love and miss my friends and my family a LOT. It is going to be a tough semester, but just know that I'm thinking and praying about all of you back at home. I Love You!

-Rachy

Here are some pictures from our adventure!:








































3 comments:

  1. Yay little sis! I can't wait to hear about all your adventures. It's a great time of your life to start blogging. The Astro Burger pic and the one of Randy above it cracked me up. And the questionably-shaped berry. Haha!

    I just became one of your "Followers" - follow me back! I recently started a new public blog too. http://flightofthealbatross.blogspot.com. Once I post about the Colorado trip, then I'll invite everyone to read.

    Love you and miss you already, and keep us "posted!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, great first entry! I look forward to reading about your last year in Nashville. Keep it up, work it...own it.

    Paul Frankel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel, this is awesome! So glad you started a blog. Keep us updated often! You know... since you'll have so much free time.

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete